Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Happy New Year
As 2014 comes to a close, I wonder what lies in the year ahead. For me, this year has been really rough. It has been full of heartbreak and disappointments. I hope 2015 is a little better but, I have learned a lot this past year. One of the most important lessons I have leaned is that I am not alone. When I first became a Satanist, I was honestly scared of the reaction of friends and family. While I expected some to be understanding, I knew others would turn their back. One of my dearest friends, though, showed me something I never expected. She showed me how many people there are in this town that have similar views. In fact, she is one of them. We humans are social creatures. We thrive on our relationships with others. Sometimes new directions in our own lives cause us to leave our friends sides. A true friend, though, will never leave. They will stay, listen, and accept. They will understand who you are. Their love is not conditional. So, I hope this new year finds you all in the arms of true friends. Happy New Year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment