Today I would like to talk about meditation. It is a key component to living any kind of spiritual life, no matter what religion you identify with. In fact, a lot of my knowledge and practices regarding meditation stem from books I have read in the past about Buddhism. If you are interested in learning more about meditation, I would suggest starting with Buddhist meditation. The first step in a good meditation experience is finding a quiet space where you will not be disturbed. However, if you are like me and you in a house full of people who do know the meaning of silence, music makes a good replacement. One of my personal favorites can be found on youtube by clicking the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu_o9nDc7f4&list=PLDF7A3DBF68BB4C04. Now that you have your music and/or silence in order, it is time to proceed with readying yourself. Find a position that is comfortable for you. I don't recommend laying down because you run the risk of falling asleep. Once in position you can start controlling your breathing. I use the ten-count method to relax myself and steady my breathing. I breath in for 10, hold for 10, and breath out for 10. This is a wonderful to steady yourself and clear our mind. Focus on the counts and your breathing. Let everything else fall away form your mind. Once your mind is clear, you may either continue counting or stop counting. If you are new to meditation, I would suggest continuing to count. It will help you maintain focus. Also, if you are new, I would spend several sessions focusing on breathing alone. This will allow you to train yourself to clear your mind. If you are a person that tends to worry a lot, don't be discouraged if you can only meditate for 5 minutes or so at the beginning. It takes time. Five minutes of focused meditation is exponentially better than hours of unfocused meditation.
The purpose of meditation is to reach your full spiritual potential. It is through lifetimes of meditation and practicing magick that we are able to reach godhead status, which is the ultimate goal. during meditation you are wanting to 'unleash' your Kundalini. Your Kundalini is like the gasoline that your spirit runs on, in a way. It sits at the base of the spine and, when accessed, can give you some of the most amazing feelings. You want to bring your Kundalini through your seven chakras. When you meditate, imagine a fiery serpent coiled at the base of your spine. This is your Kundalini and is sitting in your root chakra. Focus on whatever feelings you get in this place in your spine. For me, it feels like a pressure that pulses energy through my whole body. Everyone experiences it a little different, though, so don't think you are doing it wrong if this is not the exact phenomenon you experience. Now, the thing I like about the youtube link I previously mentioned, is that is actually runs through each of the seven chakras in order. So, from one chakra to the next, you can guide your Kundalini. Some of your chakras will experience some sort of block. Identify which chakra needs work, and then use your mediation time to focus solely on mending that individual chakra. For a good, short definition of each chakra and its place in the body, I suggest visiting the following link http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-91/The-7-Chakras-for-Beginners.html. Remember that this is process that takes lifetimes to perfect. If you have practiced this kind of mediation in a past life, you may start out in a different place than someone who hasn't. No matter what, don't get discouraged. Through daily mediation practices you gain knowledge about yourself and the world around you. You will grow in your magickal power. As I have said in previous posts, Satan wants us to be able to help ourselves. Mediation is the first step in reaching this goal. I would like to add that sometimes we don't hear things that either Satan or his Demons are trying to tell us. If you feel like they have been unusually quiet lately, try this same mediation exercise except focus on keeping your mind open, rather than focus on your chakras and Kundalini.
No comments:
Post a Comment